In order to provide ongoing psychological services to all clients, both in person and telehealth appointments are being offered. Telehealth sessions are being held via HIPAA compliant video.
COVID Safety for In Person Sessions:
NJ law requires that ALL clients and health care providers (which includes psychologists) wear a proper face mask during treatment. If you cannot comply with this for any reason, you will need to complete treatment via telehealth or will have to discontinue therapy. Please follow this link to the COVID Office Policy Form which details additional information Forms & Resources. This form must be signed and completed prior to starting in person sessions.
Steps for Having a Telehealth Session:
1. At your scheduled appointment time, please go to https://doxy.me/drberness. Please sign into my private, online waiting room using the first two letters of your first name and surname (e.g., John Smith=JoSm). I will start the video connection soon. (NOTE: Please make sure that you are using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari as other browsers will not support this. Also, please do not use public wifi. Use secure wifi in a private area to help ensure privacy.)
2. You may want to visit the site ahead of time to test it. After signing in (using the first two letters of your first name and surname), click on the green square in the bottom left that says "test call" to make sure your computer or tablet works with the site. I won't get the test call, but you will be able to check that your microphone and camera can connect with the site.
3. If I don't see you in the online waiting room at your scheduled time, then I'll call you so we can figure out how to make things work.
4. With young children, it may be more useful to have a video session with one or both parents.
5. Please note that insurance may or may not cover telemedicine. Contact your insurance company directly to verify your coverage for an out of network provider using telemedicine for psychological services. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
6. Payment can be made by providing your credit card or mailing a check to the office (122 Commons Way, Princeton, NJ 08540).
7. Please complete the consent form telemedicine. It is in the Forms section of this website Forms.
8. If you have any problems, please call me directly at 908-907-0693.
Thank you for ongoing help and support during this time.
Conveniently located off of Rt. 206 in Princeton, NJ.